Who loves a bit of Homemade Mushroom Soup?
When I was on my university placement I spent time in a hotel kitchen – my degree was in hotel management – I learned how to make the most amazing mushroom soup. However, it wasn’t the healthiest 😉
I wanted to create a recipe that would be Solutions Approved and still taste amazing. Last week the experiments in the kitchen started and the following is the result. My family approved, so I hope you all enjoy it too.
You Will Need
- 1kg Closed Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Large Onion
- 750 mls Vegetable Stock
- 350 mls Homemade Cashew Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 1 Large Frying Pan
- 1 Large Soup Pan
- Hand Blender
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
- Wipe clean/wash mushrooms and chop into chunks and divide into 2 equal parts
- Chop onion and divide into 2 equal parts
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil in Large Frying Pan
- Add in 1 of the portions of Onions and Mushrooms
- Fry off until brown and transfer to the Large Soup Pan
- Repeat number 5
- Place the Soup Pan onto heat and add in the Vegetable Stock
- Add Salt and Pepper
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 mins
- Reduce heat and stir in Cashew Milk
- Simmer for another 5 minutes
- Use a hand blender and blend until smooth
This can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
If you like this recipe and think your friends will enjoy it too, please like and share it on social media with the buttons below.
Yours in Health And Happiness