Have you ever looked at the ingredients in nut milks that you can buy in the supermarket?
If you haven’t, I recommend that you do the next time that you are in there. It is scary to think that there is only 2% of Almonds in an unsweetened Almond milk that I had been using in my cooking! Food companies catch on to something that is being promoted as healthy and then make their version – which doesn’t tend to be so healthy. It is really quite sad!
So, in my quest to my a diary free mushroom soup, I thought I would make cashew nut milk so that I could make it “creamy” without the cream. It is so easy to make and I shall be making this now on a regular basis for cooking and my smoothies.
Here is how easy it is to make:
You will need
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 3 cups of pure water to rinse nuts
- 4 cups of pure water
- 1 Measuring Cup
- Nutri-bullet and large container
- Air tight container to store it in the fridge
How to make it
- Measure out 1 Measuring cup of Cashew Nuts and place into the NutriBullet container
- Add 3 cups of Pure water into the container and seep for 2 hours
- Rinse the soaked cashew nuts in cold water and return to the NutriBullet container
- Add 3 Cups of Pure Water and Blitz until smooth
- Add the remaining 1 Cup of Pure Water and place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until you need it.
This will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
If you like this recipe and think that you have friends that would like it too, please like and share it on social media.
Yours in Health and Happiness